Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Long Weekend Update

Saturday: "On awkwardness..."
Rae and I traveled down south to visit her family. She drove, which suited me just fine. I'm no prude. Don't get me wrong there is a time and place for everything. I just wish they would have told me that her sister was hosting an Adult Toy/Novelty party. Little warning please. Anyway I heckled and joked during the awkward silences, I swear that lady should have given us some type of discount for my icebreakers. We spent some money... this sort of thing always pays of dividends when carefully chosen.
  • Breakfast: 2 multi grain waffles, 3tbsp syrup, 1 tsp margarine
  • Lunch: 1 myoplex lite protein bar
  • Dinner: Various crudités and other snackables
  • Other: Too many spiced rum and ginger ales.
Sunday: "He'll grow out of it..."
Spent some time with the relatives, a tour of the local town, dinner and then games. Not a bad day all things considered. Their children still need some discipline and boundaries. I get the impression that because we haven't had children it is widely thought that we are incapable of recognizing a well behaved child and our observations on a total breakdown of consistent parenting aren't the least bit valid...
  • Breakfast: 2 packets quaker apple cinnamon oatmeal, 1/4c milk, apple wedges and pineapple.
  • Lunch: Greasy disgusting small town "Chinese food" I guess I should have known what I was getting into.
  • Dinner: Roast beef, whipped potatoes, green beans and carrots, Yorkshire pudding, fresh multigrain buns, key-lime cheesecake.
Monday: "Dinner and movies."
Lots of conversation with Raegan's parents on any number of different topics. I'm really getting tired of people asking me if I'm getting exercise. We headed for home and made the trip in good time after which we I watched "Death Sentence" (Ugh...) and "Rambo: First Blood" Which I hadn't watched in a number of years but was surprisingly solid. Only one person dies during the entire movie. It's hard to imagine how Rambo went from the damaged, mentally fragile character in First Blood to the character we saw in the 2nd and third movies. My judgment is still pending on the fourth.
  • Breakfast: Cheese, mushroom and green pepper omelets, three slices toast, sticky buns, grapes, strawberries
  • Lunch: Myoplex Lite Protein bar
  • Dinner: 12" Steak and cheese sub from subway (double meat, double cheese, mayo, mustard, veggies, shame.)

No comments: