I'd like to say that I have no idea why I'm not taking off more weight but all I need to do is look at my workout schedule for the last 7 days and I think it says it all. I am weight training, getting stronger building muscle mass, literally doing everything I can to increase mass and I wonder why I don't weigh less? This will be my third week on phase 2 after which I move into a recovery week of cardio and core strength and I think it is absolutely time for a paradigm shift in how I approach this for my last 7 weeks. During the "recovery week" and moving forward I will be shifting to P90X Lean + Doubles. This will greatly increase the amount of cardio work I do in a given week and hopefully also allow me to get past my 4-5 day workout threshold with the addition of a morning cardio routine 2-3 days during the week. I am at my happiest when the number on the scale is going down and while I have do doubt in my mind that I am getting stronger I need to pick a distinct goal for the next 7 weeks and focus on it. Attempting to do both lose body fat and gain muscle mass is not as effective as a focused program that targets my core strength and a reduction in body fat. I'm not a "morning guy" but this is a change I need to make if I want to achieve the best results in the time I have remaining.
Tuesday March 16, 2010 - P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
Saturday March 13, 2010 - P90X Plyometrics X
Thursday March 11, 2010 - P90X Back and Biceps + P90X Ab RipperX
Wednesday March 10, 2010 - P90X Kempo X
Tuesday March 9, 2010 - P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
No comments:
Post a Comment