Monday, January 29, 2007

Plan "Q" or whatever letter I'm up to at this point...

Now that all required background has been brought to light my real goal here is to stop lying to myself about what I'm actually doing about my weight and unhealthy lifestyle. I need to get some excercise every single day I possibly can! MMA, Cardio, weight training... anything. I also need to control calorie intake. Everything I've read (with the exception of the Men's Health Abs diet) states that calories in must be less than calories out .
  • Monday - Mixed Martial Arts from 6pm-7:30pm
  • Tuesday - Gym at work or Muay Thai at MMA
  • Wednesday - MMA from 6pm - 7:30 pm
  • Thursday - Work gym (weight training)
  • Friday - MMA 6pm-7:30pm
  • Saturday - Off
  • Sunday - Off
What about the weekend... right...

The short answer is that I work a second job on the weekend to help pay for the wedding it's going to be expensive. Also, while I'm being totally honest Raegan and I are building a brand new house and the extra money I bring in will help to pay for improvements to it. (Deck, finished basement, garage, landscaping, fence, new furniture, window coverings etc...) Well actually it was being built for the last year (the housing market is booming here, with something like a 30-40% increase in housing costs in the last year alone...) I hope to be able to quit after the wedding but the money is just too good. It is easily between $400 and $600 per weekend and all in all it is a pretty stress free job.

I'm going to start weighing myself every day there are different opinions on the subject but I think I would be a good idea to do so if only for the first month or so until I start seeing some results.

I ate the following today:
  • Breakfast - EAS Complete chocolate peanut butter protein bar. (330 cals)
  • Lunch - Chicken Divine (I took my mom's recipie and used low fat/calorie ingredients and 1/2 the portion size.) Basically it's chicken, carrots, onions, broccoli and whole wheat noodles in a curry sauce.
  • Snack - 1 cup blueberries
  • Dinner - Subway chicken salsa wrap with double chicken and a bowl of quite possibly the worst chicken gumbo I've ever had.

No comments: