Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Great Exodus! (Also diet takes a turn for the worse while moving...)

Wow, what a crazy couple of days...
  • Wednesday - Moved into our new house and it took all bloody day. What an exhausting process. Also I picked the day with some of the worst weather we've had in weeks. Minus 20C or colder with windchill. I'm not kidding it was hellish. Also, I'm pretty sure I ate really poorly.
    • Egg salad sandwiches x 1.5 (Whole wheat bread, omega-3 eggs, lite mayo.
    • 4 lousy chocolate chip and coconut cookies throughout the day
    • The worst, and I mean most toxic awful "Chinese food" I have ever encountered. My soul felt tainted after its consumption. My man-boobs jiggle when I walk. I'm seriously an "A" cup now.
    • 1 beer
  • Thursday - Additional moving this day, running around buying crazy home owner stuff like garbage cans. My Mom and Pop have really been a huge help in the moving process. I think it would have been a great deal harder without them. Thursday was a little better for eating but still really awful.
    • Breakfast - Omelet with green pepper, onion, cheese, portabello mushroom, ham and a slice of bacon. Hash brown potatoes, 2 slices dry wheat toast, 1/4 c salsa.
    • Lunch - Nearly toxic stir fried beef with broccoli, onion and green pepper. 1c Awful "Ginger beef", 4 Deep fried shrimp (worst shrimp ever... 2x more batter than shrimp) The taint consumes me....
    • Dinner - 4 slices panago thin crust spinach, feta and pepperoni pizza with a garlic bread stick and a house salad with ranch dressing. Most likely a million or so calories.
  • Friday - One last trip to the apartment and both cars full. We are 98% moved. Bought window coverings for $2000 (?!) a bunch of random security stuff from Canadian Tire and finally the prophesied trip to Ikea. We only went 29% over budget this time at Ikea which is better than our usual 200%. Bloody Swedes and there well priced solutions for daily living...also Ikea serves beer now. I don't see our *next* trip there ending well.
    • Breakfast - 2/3c All bran fiber with *Psillyum fibre* and 1/2c 1% milk.
    • Lunch - 8 pieces of salmon sashimi, 1c sushi rice, miso soup, Salad (beansprouts, shredded carrot and cucumber), green tea
    • Dinner - 12" Subway Melt with double meat (!) bottle of water.
    • Snack - Egg salad sandwich (omega-3 eggs, whole wheat bread, lite mayo)
So the diet took a real turn for the worse during the move. I can safely say that I wont be eating this badly again for a very long time. I figure I undid about a week or so of my progress and have yet to steel myself enough against my shame to survive a weigh in. So I'm back on the wagon as of Saturday morning. I've decided that I must fortify my house against intruders so we've got bars on the basement windows, double cylinder dead bolts, a chain lock with key and I'm considering purchasing a new front door without as large of a window. I'm also toying with the idea of getting that security system installed. I want a good nights sleep and I'm having a really hard time of it so far for fear that someone could very easily smash the glass on either of our doors and just reach inside and open the lock. Or if they couldn't do that they could simply crawl through the door once the window has been smashed. Yep... so I need a new door... damn it.

No comments: