Traffic was murder so I ended up getting to MMA late tonight. No matter, it was still a great workout. Such a strange place when you think about it. I'm paying to get the crap beat out of me. Today we started with some conditioning, stretching, ab work and then the standard elbows/push ups drill. I'm getting better at it I swear. We put on the 16oz gloves and practiced defence for the jab, cross and hook. Learned a useful mid hook counter attack to break a combo and then follow up with a knee strike or head butt! We briefly practiced the head butt, elbow strike combo and a "45" which is basically a backfist. Then we moved into round house kicks working on speed and height and finished with take downs and choke submissions. I have to say it was pretty cool to learn how to properly take someone down and then choke them with their own shirt. (dark side points earned...)
Also, my right hooks were no less then thunderous today, on top of being quicker than normal.
I was yapping to pretty much anyone that would listen today about my diet and workout plan... I could see the disbelief in his eyes when I told Sensei I was already down a few pounds. "Are you sure?" it must be that ultra-dry Eastern European humor...
On to good news! The expensive, extremely accurate, surely not defective scale tells me the following on my weigh in today:
219.8 lbs
Who am I to argue with such a precise device? Now it says I'm still at close to 28% body fat (which I think is a little off...) but I'll take the win for today.
The goal being to see some inital improvement that will drive me onward. I need to preserve lean muscle mass and burn body fat. The CLA and Glutamine should help with that when I start back to circut training. The "Total Lean" supplements are working, my afternoon dose of "Control" still has a bit of an edge to it but not nearly as much as some of the others I've taken.
I was thinking about checking out http://www.turbulencetraining.com/ as it seems to be run by a guy approved by Men's Health. The website seems a little rough around the edges but the knowledge offered appears sound. Maybe I'll look into it a little more.
No comments:
Post a Comment