Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Pugulism...

Went to Muay Thai at the MMA studio tonight. As always a great workout and the class sizes are smaller so I get a little more personal instruction. Practiced a Jab-cross-hook-elbow combo and then a hook-cross-rib kick-back fist combo. The end of the class we sparred... as always this is terrifying but I'm getting better. James and I got into it a little, he got me in a Thai-Clench and fed me a few knee strikes, one of which connected with my ribs. My head gear came off while I was trying to escape. Once I had it back on I'll fully admit that I came at him a little hard, landing a few good blows and then putting *him* in the ol' Thai clench. I'm not really sure if any of my strikes landed or did any *real* damage to him. I know for a fact he blocked at least one of them because my right leg is bruising up nicely. Still he was giving me a bit of a sideways look afterwards. Ike seems to be getting along alright, he's not a small guy and apparently he's had some martial arts experience so I think he'll do fine. Everything hurts and my hands wont stop shaking :) I'm *nervous* about sparring but afterward I'm always glad I went.

No one ever said "I'm glad I didn't go to the gym today!"

No comments: