I had a meeting with the project director in a different but related department for a new position that opened up at work! An "Assistant Producer" job! Could I be so lucky? I'm going to polish my resume and prepare it for a Monday submission. My current boss seemed a little surprised when I told him what I intended to do. Hey, I gave him 8 months to find me an assistant producer or line producer role. I pursued it in an aggressive and determined fashion as per his suggestion and followed up with him every chance I got. Looking for that crack in the glass ceiling that would allow me to progress upwards or even sideways. He didn't seem engaged and just couldn't come through for me and my most promising lead was a mumbled assurance from him that I would get to help out on a future project *and* continue doing the 1 1/2 jobs I do right now. Gee thanks... but no thanks. This might be paranoia speaking but I just get the feeling that he might try and sabotage me as he knows the project director in the other department.
But sometimes you just need to make that two handed do or die leap for success.
Breakfast - 2/3c All bran fiber with *Psillyum* (140 cal 24g fibre), 1/2c Skim milk (40 cal), 1tbsp flax seeds.
Snack - non-fat, sugar-free large vanilla latte
Lunch - multi-grain breaded Talapia with a roasted potato and 1c corn.
Snack - 1.5c Sugar/fat free yogurt 180 cal, 1c blueberries (80 cal), 125mg ham (120 cal)
Snack- Banana
Dinner - (Working Late so the Company ordered food from OPM) - 3 prawn firecracker rolls, various curries and vegetables.
I'm here at work late tonight, I guess that's the price to pay working for a company like this. They at least take care of us pretty damn well and the old team I worked for before this one was such a tight knit supportive unit you can't help but feel like you're part of creating something special. It kind of pains me to have to put even more distance between myself and the old team because I've grown so comfortable in what I do here. I need to simultaneously work my current project director for some kind of viable path on my current team as a backup/alternate plan to switching departments entirely, which may not sound like a big deal to some but in a good work environment working with like minded people you can often become friends. Sometimes the things that keep you in a job isn't necessarily the work, but the people. Don't get me wrong but having engaging and challenging work to do helps too. Or maybe it's all so much weepy bullshit and the only things you have at the end of the day are the ones you make for yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment