I think I may have hurt my right foot at MMA today. The toenail is smashed and partially uprooted and the bottom of my big toe is torn up. Yeah...that's right, I'm complaining about a toe injury. I'm a real tough guy :) Maybe next time I'll pay attention and kick properly.
Sensai was merciless today. No breaks for the first hour and 15 minutes of class. Lots of striking practice, combos, etc. After an hour of almost continuous striking practice we had 15 minutes of hard conditioning. You get out what you put in, I have to keep going because I know that some day soon I'm going to notice that I can do things that would have left me a wheezing mess just a few months before. I almost finished the "polish hell" today! The dreaded elbows/push up drill Sensai is so fond of. After class I practiced the triangle leg hold and then did some 60% grappling with James, stopping at certain points to give me tips. Good session!
I'm going to take the weekend off training, but maybe Raegan and I can get some yoga and ab work in on Saturday and Sunday morning. I've also got the weekend off the 2nd job so we can go purchase furniture for the new house. That should be expensive and irritating...
No comments:
Post a Comment