Monday, April 9, 2007

Birthday Weekend

Friday (Birthday Extravaganza Day 1):
As always the little kid in me likes to make a big deal about my birthday even though I am getting a little older and kind of want to start telling people I'm younger than I actually am. Raegan let me sleep in, made me breakfast, took me clothes shopping, took me out for lunch, gave me a really snazzy watch, and then watched "Kill Bill" 1 & 2 with me. She also planned a party with a few friends for Saturday at our house. Really great day! I tried to go to MMA today but a few of us got there and waited for a 1/2 hour and the assistant-instructor didn't show.
  • Breakfast: 4 omega-3 egg omelet (cheese, green onion) 2 slices flax toast, 6 slices turkey bacon (180 cal)
  • Snack: 2 slices flax toast with 1.5 tbsp peanut butter, 1tbsp raspberry jam
  • Lunch: 8oz ribeye steak, house salad with lite vinaigrette
  • Dinner: 3 slices (900 cal) delicio harvest wheat pizza
Saturday (Birthday Extravaganza Day 2):
Raegen and I watched "Grindhouse" today. Great movie! Its a "B" movie paying homage to "B" movies. Get past that and just enjoy it. After the movie we went to Chapters and I bought a great new "Muay Thai" book and a yoga mat. Yes I plan to start doing yoga with Raegan on Tuesdays before Muay Thai. I should be flexible and limber before sparring so it will only benefit my training.

We had some friends over for "Jason's Birthday Extravaganza!". Watched the UFC fight, played games, had some drinks and generally said nice things about me. Another great day!
  • Breakfast: 2/3c All-Bran "Buds", 1/4c milk, 1 banana
  • Snack: Large Non-fat Latte
  • Lunch: Tuna Melt (1 can tuna, 3 slices flax bread, 1tbsp lite mayo, 1/4c salsa, hot sauce, 1/4c low fat cheddar) 2c organic tomato soup (120 cal)
  • Dinner: Thai Food from "Thai Flavors", thin slice of "terror-misu"
  • Snack: Various crudites (multi grain/soy crispy minis, trail mix, cashews) and a few drinks.
Sunday (Birthday Extravaganza Recovery)
Worked a half shift at the pit of despair, however I really think my time there is drawing to a close. Raegan and I went to Easter dinner at a friends house, played games and socialized.

Breakfast: 2 slices flax toast with 1.5 tbsp peanut butter, 1tbsp raspberry jam
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Turkey/Turkey Bacon Wrap with 2 tbsp lite cream cheese, mustard, 1 small tomato, 1 tsp lite mayo, sprouted wheat tortilla) and 2c organic tomato soup.
Dinner: Loin of Lamb, Mixed greens salad with walnuts, broiled yams and parsnips, slice of cobbler w/ 1c ice cream :(

Monday (Last Day off...)
Holiday monday for us so I was generally a big slug... read books, watched a few episodes and generally took it easy. Went to my mom's for (another) birthday dinner...

Breakfast: 2/3c All-Bran "Buds", 1/4c milk, 1 banana, 4 slices turkey bacon
Snack: 3 wasa fiber rye crisps, 3 tbsp lite cream cheese
Lunch: 5 omega-3 egg omelet, green onion, 1tbsp flax seeds, 180cal lite mozzarella cheese, 1/4c salsa, 1 large sprouted wheat tortilla.
Dinner: Mom's baked chicken (3 thighs), (7) perogies with butter and onions, Carrots and cauliflower, mixed green salad with vinaigrette, 1 slice carrot cake.

The bottom line is the holiday weekend didn't treat me well. I used my birthday as an excuse to over-indulge, get no exercise and it most likely set me back a week or more. Not the thing to do with only 46 days left.

"I'm going to eat your brain and steal your knowledge!"

No comments: