Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A reflection on personal fulfilment.

Yes... I've decided that money makes me happy and I need to acquire as much as possible.

Now I need to be clear that it isn't the concept of having money that makes me happy... wait no...yes it is. When I hold it I'm happier. When I have enough to pay the bills, save and do nice things with Raegan I can't be happier. To be honest I'm really feeling the crunch lately... and the funny thing is that I've never made more money in my entire life as I am right now. I'm working bloody hard at both jobs making decent money and the funny thing is I don't think I would be happy unless I had twice as much. I want Raegan to be able to go back to school full time if she wants, I want to buy her a new "ultra-safe" car. I don't want to have to work two jobs anymore to have the things I want, when I want them.

I worked at the pit of dispair tonight and made about $220, not bad for 4 hours of work.... Even had a somewhat awkward encounter with another employee from my day job as they tried (unsuccesfully) to purchase a LCD TV. How is it that one's credit could be so damaged that they can't get approved for a lousy in store credit card? Plus the guy was a bit of a dick about it being that he didn't know we both worked at the same day job. I had half a mind to send him a little message about it today during the day :)

"No one goes a little bit crazy...No one gets a little bit dead"

No comments: