Monday, September 17, 2007

Weak-end

Saturday:
Raegan and I spent the day researching prices and getting quotes for our new deck. We were quoted between $1700 and $2300 for our new deck. All factors appear to be exactly the same between our top two choices so we're having a difficult time determining why one builder would charge so much more. Trips to home depot to gather landscaping materials and ideas about how we can finish the yard. With all the municipal landscaping approval hoops to jump through we are pretty late in the season to be doing this sort of thing and we may need to make a judgment call shortly about what really needs to be done this year. I played some terrible poker, drank beer and generally ate bad food this evening as well. Not a very good time, I don't think I'll be making it out to poker again for a good long while.
  • Breakfast: 3 slices feta and chicken harvest wheat pizza
  • Lunch: double beef noodle bowl from tokyo express, miso soup, 1 piece prawn tempura, 1 piece yam tempura
Sunday:
Slept in for the first time in a long time. Finally having two days off of both works in a row and the ability to sleep in my own bed made for the best sleep I have had in ages. I met up with about 10 other people including my dad and brother to play paint ball for a few hours at a local course. Great time. We don't do things like that often enough.
  • Breakfast: 4x multi-grain waffles, 1tbsp lite margarine, 4tbsp lite syrup
  • Snack: 1 orange soda (The *ONLY* thing they had to drink after paint ball (not even water)
  • Dinner: 6oz sirloin steak, 16 grilled citrus and cracked pepper prawns, 1c mixed greens salad, 2 tbsp organic ginger soy dressing, 2c baked sweet potato fries, 1/2c sweet corn
  • Snack: 1c lactose free organic "chocolate" ice cream "product" soy based I think... apparently our fridge is full of it.
  • Snack: 3 macadamia nut and chocolate chip pancakes, 1 tsp margarine, 3 tbsp lite syrup
  • Snack: 1c pretzels

No comments: