Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 29 - Nutrition Attrition

We'll I've passed the January 31st date that the majority of people drop off on and I've lost 12.6 lbs. I think my general philosophy from this point forward will be to eat right *most* of the time. This seems like something I can maintain moving forward. Having one cheat meal per week, recognizing it for what it is and moving on needs to be part of my life. I'm hitting the gym hard 2-3 days per week and eating right 40 out of 42 meals per week on average. This is a good start, but I've had those before, I need to reign things in and make sure I don't slip back down.

In related news, I'm having a bout with fiscal responsibility and it is preventing me from doing the things I want to in good conscience: I save money for retirement, I take advantage of employee stock purchase plans, and I take steps to pay as little tax as possible. It just doesn't feel like there is enough to go around and still do the things that make all it all worth while.

240lbs.

41lbs to go.

No comments: