Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Muay Thai tonight!

I'm going to the Muay Thai class at the MMA studio tonight with Lance and James. There isn't a whole lot of conditioning in tonight's class, but we work on striking for about an hour and then spar at the end of the class. Throwing 60 full power kicks at a time is a pretty damn good workout. I've said before that I'm no "tough guy" but sparing against either of my two good friends is pretty interesting. I learned more in the handful of 2 minute sparring sessions then I did in a month of pad work.

I'm going to weigh myself before Muay Thai tonight just to get a reference point. I think I'm probably around 235lbs or so...

I also made a trip to GNC last week... yes...yes, better living through supplements.

I bought the GNC TotalLean weightloss package (Thermogenic, Multivitamin, Appetite suppressant, and CLA), a 5kg container of vanilla whey protine powder, L-glutamine and some EAS Myoplex Deluxe protine bars (30g protine, 2g glutamine, and 220mg of CLA with 330cals). I also take 2 wild sockeye salmon oil gelcaps every day. Got to get those essential fatty acids. I also did a little research on "Hoodia Gordonii" apparently this stuff actually works as long as it is somewhat pure. It could certainly be a placebo but it came with some authenticity documentation so I assume it actually has the required active ingredient in it.

No major side effects yet but I feel a little aggressive, like I want to smash something just to see it break. Great for an office full of polite passive aggressive desk jockeys.

I can already feel the fat coming off a bit, I look at my distended gut in the mirror and it looks less like I'm 9 months pregnant.
  • Breakfast - EAS Myoplex Deluxe Protein bar
  • Lunch - Chicken breast and salad (Arugula, Romaine and spinach with cucumber, mushroom and green pepper) 2 tb of light ranch dressing.
  • Snack - 1 cup blue berries
  • Snack - 2 scoops 100% whey low carb protien powder with 2c skim milk
  • Dinner - 4 omega-3 egg omelet (mushrooms, green onion, 2 oz cheese, 1/2 small tomato) 3 slices low sodium turkey bacon.

No comments: