I took the stairs this morning and I didn't really notice it at the time but I wasn't as out of breath after climbing them at a "bounding pace".
My buddy Issac is coming to MMA for the first time tonight, I'm sure he thinks it's just like the "Kumute" from bloodsport or something like that... I assured him that there was neither glue nor shards of glass involved.
I also arrived a little later this morning than I would have liked to so technically I'm taking off a 1/2 hour early to make it to class on time, although I don't think anyone will notice.
Typical MMA Class:
- Warm up 10 minutes of cardio, either running, side steps or "shadow boxing" various multi-strike combos across the training area.
- 20 minutes active stretching and calisthenics. (Push-ups, Alternating elbows/pushups , core work.
- The remainder of the time (about an hour or so) is spent practicing striking , grappling, submissions, and take downs.
- Once per week we will have a "iron man" grappling competition. 50% intensity starting from the knees, winner stays to take on another opponent until he loses.
- All in all MMA is a really intense workout but as with most things you really need to put in the effort to make it worthwhile. There are a few guys who go and either don't pay attention or worse yet don't give 100% of their effort. Believe me you can pick them out during sparring or grappling practice. That, and they're still fat ;)
- Breakfast - 3 slices low sodium turkey bacon, 1 c fat/sugar free raspberry yogurt.
- Lunch - Medium sized broiled chicken breast, 1.5 c steamed mixed vegetables (green beans, peas, red/yellow pepper, carrot and onion)
- Snack - EAS Myoplex Deluxe protein bar, 1 c raspberries.
- Dinner - (Really hungry after MMA kind of fell down a bit and really shouldn't have had the rice) 4 slices turkey bacon, 1 c spanish rice, 1 c steamed broccoli, 1 pickle (!)
No comments:
Post a Comment