Steps for a triangle hold (as I recall):
- Start in full guard
- grasp your opponents left wrist with your right hand
- grasp your opponents right wrist with your left hand
- simultaneously force your opponents left arm over your right shoulder (their left arm should now be across their throat) and force their left arm downwards towards through your legs. (their right arm will be free but for the moment not a threat)
- While still holding their left wrist put your right foot on the opponents right thigh and twist your hips away and to turn yourself outward and left
- swing your right leg up around their neck and lock it in place by putting your right foot in the crook of your left knee which you just brought up after the twisting action in step 5 (their neck should be in the crook of your knee.)
- submit your opponent by applying pressure with your legs to choke them with their own left arm which has now been moved even further over your right shoulder and across their throat.
- an optional step is to grasp the back of your opponent's head once you have the triangle locked in place and pull them towards making the choke more effective.
I get the impression that one of the assistant instructors doesn't think much of me. I can see the mockery in his eyes as it seems that my best efforts are a cause for amusement. He's apparently some kind of "pro" light weight fighter, but you'd think he would remember a time when he wasn't so good. Regardless I have nothing to prove to him. I'll learn what I need to from him and after that he can go to hell for all I care :) The only way I need to prove myself is by lowering the number on that scale.
Speaking of which...
I weighed myself after class today and I'm down to an even 227 lbs! I understand that the weight loss may be attributed to a loss in water weight but I'll take the win until the official weigh in next Tuesday!
I really need to lock this diet down for the weekend. I think I'm just going to carry the Hoodia with me when we go shopping for furniture for the house. The possession date is coming up Feb 13, 2007! I called the builder today and it looks like they're going to address all of our concerns before we take possession, which is surprising as I thought they would try and screw us around...
No comments:
Post a Comment