Monday, March 12, 2007

The Day of Jay

This weekend my good friends took me out to the mountains for a weekend of fun and adventure. Our attrition rate was high but those that made it had a good time. List of injuries from the weekend of debauchery:

Appendicitis
Knee struck with ball peen hammer
food poisoning
Minor cuts/lacerations
Near alcohol poisoning.

I *won't* be detailing what I ate Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I don't think I fell too far off the wagon with what I ate but we *did* consume a great deal of "refreshments".

Friday
I took the day off work to help prepare for Raegan's bridal shower. I moved a lot of snow, tried to get the "river" of melted ice moving better in front of our house, cleaned up construction garbage, shored up the walkways that are serving as our temporary sidewalk, hung blinds in the spare bedroom, oversaw the superintendent that came to fix a few outstanding issues, bought a snowboard bag and loaded up my new DS memory card. I was actually on time at 5:20 for the rendezvous with the other guys going but we didn't get out of town until 8:30. There were "complications to say the least". We arrived at our location at almost midnight, had a few drinks and then went to sleep.

Saturday
Up at 7am! Zombie like... Two more people were driving down that morning so they gave us a wake up call 1/2 hour too early. Ate a pretty lousy Continental breakfast I think I had toast, a boiled egg and a banana. After losing two more people (one to food poisoning and the other to fear and apathy) we headed out to the hill. Snowboarding is like falling off a horse. You never forget how, but it still hurts. I think I fared pretty well overall. Despite having to wear a straw hat with a floral veil trailing behind me for 6 hours. I think most people just thought I was insane. It was my hat of shame but a brief explanation that I was getting married made me feel better. We started drinking at 11am and maintained titration throughout the day. We got a pretty solid day of boarding in. Surprisingly I got worse the more I drank... how odd. I cut myself fairly badly on the edge of a snowboard next to mine and we packed it in at about 3:30-ish. We returned to the room, had more drinks, got changed and ready for a night on the town. Ate some great sushi, drank more, went to the room, drank more, went out to a saloon, drank more, went to a "club"... left... went to a pub with great live music and hot chicks, drank more, played Foosball, drank more, drank coffee, met my fiance's doppelganger who was pretty freakin hot and I like to tell myself I had a chance with... drank more... tried to pick a fight... drank more...other events...walking...asking to go to hospital... errr...pass out?

Sunday
Recovery... wake up still drunk and broken. Decide to not put in a second day of boarding... go to breakfast... die... reanimated... eat skillet and pancake... drink carafe of water. Drive back home. Feeling poorly. Return home and it looks like we won on a gameshow, there is a ton of stuff everywhere! Pretty awesome! Watch the "Depaaah-ded" with Raegan and eat Thai food.

Great, great great weekend.

"Who's got the brain of JFK? What's it mean to us now?"

No comments: