Saturday, May 19, 2007

Quantifiable Evidence

After having my morning protein shake I went for a 5.6km run around the newly developed area we live in.

Raegan and I dealt with some last minute wedding reception details, the manager at the club is great, not up selling us for things we don't need. I think he has already saved us around $1000 by giving us great feedback from his years running the club and the couple hundred weddings he must have been involved with.

We also went wine shopping and found 3 really good candidates for the white and red we will be serving at the reception. Time for some sampling!

Wow full day...

Next we went shopping for small thank you gifts for the people helping out with the wedding. I then hijacked the trip and made a "brief stop" at a thin man clothing store. I fit into the 34" waist designer jeans... I don't care what I sound like... it felt great! It gave me some quantifiable evidence that my efforts have at least been partially successful. I spent some money...One really nice pair of jeans, a cool belt and two shirts. I really wish Raegan hadn't been in such a hurry to get out of there. Like I said before, I'm happy to go it alone but saying "something" overtly positive would have been nice. Rather than asking me "do they fit?" when you can plainly see that they do and then saying "Ok just get them then." I sound way more bitter than I acutally am about the exchange but I'm not going to re-write that last part.

Finally we went to our good friend's house for a BBQ and wine tasting. A good time was had by all, wine, games, snacks, fresh air. Always fun!
  • Meal 1: 1 scoop Kiazen protein powder (122 cal), 5g L-glutamine
  • Meal 2: 450ml egg beaters (225 cal), 1/2 red pepper, 1 green onion, 2 slices flax toast, 1/2c salsa
  • Meal 3: 1 venti sugar free non-fat vanilla latte (210 cal), 1 package unsalted nuts and dried fruit (330 cal)
  • Meal 4: 1 lean inside loin steak (0.4kg), pasta salad (made with olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, broccoli and carrots), mixed green salad with mango and a raspberry vinaigrette.
  • Meal 5: 2 glasses white wine, 1/2 glass red wine, Random snacks (1/2 nanaimo square, 10 pringles)