Tuesday, June 12, 2007

DoctorB - The "b" is for bargain

Ok, I'll fully admit that this was a bad day for the diet. Generally pretty good food except for the bento box.

My stress response still definitely compels me to eat as plainly evidenced today. I've been having trouble seeing out of my right eye for a week now. It kind of feels like there is a pressure and heaviness around and behind the eye. All eye tests, retinal examination etc come back negative. My doctor gave me the standard tests and told me he doesn't think there is anything wrong, which leaves me sounding like a hypocondriact. I don't *want* there to be anything wrong with me but I've noticed a change in the way I see as well as my mental acuity in the last month and I thought it would be prudent to get it checked out. Who pays the final price when in six months we discover that I have a tumor or something? I'm not imagining the above symptoms or dizzy spells or forgetfulness or slurred speech. What does it take to get a CT scan in this town?

I guess I'll sure show them when I keel over...
  • Meal 1: 2 organic flax toaster waffles (180 cal), 3 tbsp lite syrup with sucralose (60 cal)
  • Meal 2: 2 slices whole wheat bread (170 cal), 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (180 cal), 2 tbsp sugar free jam (80 cal)
  • Meal 3: 2 tbsp organic almonds, 2 tbsp sultana raisins
  • Meal 4: 3 wasa fibre rye crisps (80 cal), 3 tbsp lite cream cheese (90 cal)
  • Meal 5: 2 tomato basil rice cakes (100 cal), 1 can spicy thai tuna (160 cal)
  • Meal 6: Bento Box (1c rice, 1c terkiaki beef, tempura, salad, 2 spring rolls), 1 miso soup
  • Meal 7: 2 servings Ab's Diet Mas Macho Meatballs and Salad

No comments: