Had my employee review today and apparently I'm continuing to kick ass. Still no massive normalization of wages, so it looks like I'll need to +5% it up to where I need to be... and unfortunately no permanent title or department change. What a useful process...
Heard a weird bit of news this weekend about a former colleague and friend of mine. Last year he had a sort of melt down, quit the company sold his fancy car and moved his family to a rural farming community... sort of random. Apparently for the last 8 months he's had "amnesia" from day to day (Apparently like that appalling movie "50 First Dates" or a less severe version of "Memento"). This person apparently can only retain their memory for an approximately 24 hour period and wakes up each morning thinking it is 8 months in the past. Now this guy has had his share of issues, least of which is a strange inferiority complex and a penchant for embellishing the truth, something I had hoped he would grow out of over the years. His wife, (who I must say is a genuine and caring lady, not to mention absolutely gorgeous) seems to corroborate his story and came to believe his condition after a month or so of dealing with his daily amnesia. I'm told that doctors have been consulted and have referred him to a neurologist who seems to think the condition is related to the West Nile virus. This strange situation seems very unlikely to me... what seems more likely is that this poor guy has had some kind of psychotic episode and perhaps convinced himself that he has amnesia and there is no physiological condition responsible. Regardless, he hasn't been working at all for the past 8 months and his wife is pregnant with their second child. All he seems to be able to do is play world of warcraft. I hope he gets better, imagine if this lasted for 20 years? Waking up each morning thinking it was 20 years in the past, looking at your old body wondering where the time has gone...no one deserves that kind of hell.
Meal 1: Nature valley yogurt and granola bar
Meal 2: 1/2 cinnamon roll, 1 blueberry bran muffin
Meal 3: Ham, turkey, roast beef with cheddar on whole wheat roll. (Lettuce and tomato, mayo and mustard), 1c Creamy Sweet Potato soup.
Meal 4: foot long steak and cheese subway sandwich on whole wheat with double meat, 1 cranberry juice and a bag of cheddar sun chips. (Frankly I'm mystified as to why I gained 5lbs during phase 2...)
Also I drink butter....butter, butter, butter...All butter belongs to me....GIVE IT TO ME NOW!
I worked at the pit of despair this evening after the day job and managed to make about $140 in 3.5 hours ($40/hour) I have another 12 hours to work this week so I can only hope I'll have profitable days Friday and Saturday. Still, not nearly as good as last week but not bad. Last week I did just over $740 in about 12 hours ($60/hour). If it wasn't so soul sucking and unfulfilling I might be proud. As it sits the money is just good enough to put up with the various levels of crap I need to put up with to get it. Although some days I think that's debatable...
"The aristocrat choir sings, whats the ruckus?"
No comments:
Post a Comment