Monday, March 24, 2008

Day Six - The Cleanse - I would really like some pie.

Drove home from the in-laws, to have dinner with my family. The wife and I are really getting along, even better than usual. We had been a little short tempered this last week over silly things, perhaps getting out of the city helped.

Most likely a contributing factor to my weight gain over the years has been my mom's ability to cook expertly. She makes an absolutely top notch lemon meringue pie (among other things). I of course am not able to participate in dessert ;)
  • Breakfast: 2 eggs, onion, green pepper, 1/2 apple/pear, 1/2c blackberries
  • Snack: 3 tbsp almonds
  • Early Dinner: 3 slices ham, 1c yam, 1.5c roasted carrots and parsnips, 2c mixed greens salad w/ garlic, olive oil, mustard seed and lemon dressing.
  • Snack: 4 brown rice cakes, 1/2c home made guacamole, 1/2c home made salsa
  • Snack: 1.5c hippy flakes, 1/2c lite soy milk.
Raegan is on an "action movie" kick right now (who am I to argue?) so I thought it would be fun to introduce her to a few of my favorites she hasn't watched yet. Tonight was "The Boondock Saints", a little over the top in some places, but William Defoe's performance is memorable to say the least.

No comments: