The wife and I are heading out this weekend on a camping trip with her family. We're all meeting at a campground 20 minutes from where they live. Go figure that one...
Regardless of the location, I owe my wife some quality time, and while I'm not really keen on camping at a campground (I have a preference for seclusion that lends itself well to backpacking when I camp) she continually reminds me that August will consist of her doing (fun) things with my family while I'm away on business. I'm not going to dive too deep into the different levels of fun and enjoyment our two families can produce, suffice to say that it will be a trying weekend, but such is my lot.
While I love the outdoors, suggesting to her that the time would be better spent finishing seasonal backyard projects results in a keening whine that saps my will to live and ensures that I will not encounter warmth or civility from her for the rest of the day. Emotional maturity is not something either of us display with any real degree of regularity, it's too bad.
So regardless of the missed opportunities, the waning summer and ridiculous nature of trip I'm sure it will be fine so I had better make the best of it. Maybe I can get some work done out there...
Breakfast: All bran fiber bar (130 cals), 1/4 pineapple, 1c low fat berry yogurt (100 cal), 1/2 health bakery muffin
Lunch: 1/2 deli roasted chicken, 3c salad w/mixed greens, 3 tbsp lite italian dressing (180 cals)
Dinner: 6" Subway melt on brown bread with southwest sauce and all veggies, 1 bag flat earth crisps, 1 cranberry juice
Snack: 6" Subway melt on brown bread with southwest sauce, 3 marshmallows, 1/2c lays stackers.
Beverages: 2x MDG
No comments:
Post a Comment