Tuesday, February 2, 2010

P90X Day 23 - Renew!

Last week wasn't great for working out. I maintained the good eating habits that have given me my progress to date however I had to work a few late nights to bring the project I'm running in on time and with planning for Raegan's birthday party and our weekend trip to the mountains I found that there just wasn't time to even put the hour a day in. Needless to say a relaxing trip to the mountains with my wife for time together snowboarding/skiing and a few nice meals out really helps us to reconnect with each other after I have been working so much and was also a great birthday get-away for her.

Even after most of a week off I'm still 235.4 lbs today which is a testament to my good eating habits and the effectiveness of the program in building lean muscle mass.

In light of this week of missed workouts I have extended the first three week phase of P90X by an additional week to make up for it. Simply put I'm going to move out all my day milestones by 7 days so as to not skew the info I need to record more than it already has been.

The week 3 to 4 change up will now happen after day 28.

Having picked right up where I left off last week I did P90X Chest and Back last night and it was very hard. Again this week I saw improvements in my form and the number of reps I did in almost every exercise. I'm using two of the strongest bands I could find for my pull up substitute and I really think that by week 5 I will be in good enough shape to start doing assisted pull-ups either with a chair or perhaps just the negative. Time to investigate the best type of pullup bar to purchase for my workout space.

Tonight is Ab-ripper X and Plyometrics X - 1 hour and 20 minutes of hell.

I think I'm ready for it now.

No comments: