I'm super tired today, my body feels heavy - I had a hell of a P90X Chest and Back workout last night. My goal was to increase my reps for all exercises from last week, and I did it! I don't think I've actually gotten that much stronger than I was last week, however I have a mental clarity when working out now that allows me to push slightly past the point where I would normally be forced to stop. It feels good to be able to do that again.
One of the other benefits of regular intense exercise that I had forgotten about was the feeling of serenity and accomplishment that I get after completing a good workout. While I'm stretching before I start I clear my mind of everything but the workout itself. All of the stresses from the day, my worries and concerns just get pushed into some quiet recess of my mind. I think about nothing but the exercise I am doing at that moment and pushing myself to do as many reps with proper form as I can. I focus on the moments and just let them come. Then I'm done, I'm covered in sweat, an hour and a half have passed and it is time to start thinking about life again.
I can live like this.
Weight today is 235lbs flat. Not bad. Down 8.2 lbs in 21 days (approx 2.7 lbs per week). I've decided that I'm not going to obsess about the numbers on the scale when my real goal is to lose inches off of my belly and rid myself of a few of my spare chins. I just need to take the workouts and fitness plan one day at a time, doing my best each day, making adjustments to be as successful as possible and then moving forward and not worrying about the things that don't go so well.
I will also note that I am wearing my 36 waist buffalo boot cut jeans today, and other than being a tiny bit tight in the thighs they fit perfectly. I guess I could always measure progress by my ability to successfully raid my closet for clothes that haven't fit me in six months :)
"As I come clean."
No comments:
Post a Comment