Powered through a late night version of Shoulders and Arms starting at 11:30pm last night and not getting done until near 1am. I'm certainly taking fewer breaks than when I started, however it is really the second 1/2 of the workout that grinds me down to the point where I need to take an extra minute after every tri-set or so.
As per usual practice I will be swapping YogaX (which I'm actually going to do this time) with KempoX. As I thought it would be more beneficial to doing yoga sometime on Sunday AM as part of the weekend relaxation. I'll also be moving my last round of P90X Legs and Back for a while to Saturday this week. The work is getting done, just in an order that seems to suit me a little better. Next week I move into the recovery week of P90X, what would be week 4 had I not added 2 extra weeks onto phase 1 of the plan. At this point (barring injury or illness) I can't see me adding additional weeks onto the program before I bring my first pass of P90X Classic to it's completion.
Given that my goal in all of this is weightloss I am contemplating moving to P90X doubles towards the end of the program. Perhaps from block 3 weeks 9 through 12 as it will be closer to the end of the program and perhaps that will be enough to let me push through it to the end should it prove as challenging as the first 2/3 of the program. http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90x-online/newsletters/p90xnl_012.do
Frankly I am not really seeing the weightloss I would have hoped for with the program. However perhaps 11lbs is the best that can be expected in a month of consistently working out 3-4 times per week and eating 2200-2400 calories daily.
I'm sure that if I had followed the six day workout schedule more closely I would be seeing slightly higher numbers. This is something I intend to do moving forward with the program.
Thursday Feb 11, 2010 - P90X Shoulders and Arms
2 comments:
Jason,
If you are serious about working out you should seriously consider becoming a Beachbody Coach. I took advantage of the coaching opportunity 8 months ago and have thouroughly enjoyed it.
Check out the link below or email me any quetions.
Good luck with your workouts!
http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/mccabe21/coach.html
Nathan McCabe
Independent Beachbody Coach
RippedBody.org
Nathan@RippedBody.org
Thanks for the comment Nathan!
I'm really starting to get really serious about getting in shape and working out. Coaching other folks working their way through P90X seems like an interesting idea, however I think before I consider coaching anyone I need to at least finish my first 90 day program :)
I appreciate the feedback and if you have any other tips for me as I progress through the program please feel free to pass them on!
Best regards,
Jason
Post a Comment