Thursday, April 12, 2007

Trapped in the slums of Shangri-La

I've always been a proponent of positive thinking but there is no way in hell I got hired for the new job. I'm so bloody outgunned in terms of experience and also the perception of the skills and experience I actually have. I think if I had to apply for my existing job my chances of success would be low.

I'm trapped in the slums of Shangri-la...
  • Breakfast: 1c All bran fiber with *Psillyum* (210cal 36g fibre), 1c Skim milk (90 cal), 125g low fat/sodium turkey breast (120 cal) [total 420cal]
  • Snack: Protein shake (1/2c Raspberries, 2/3c blueberries, 1c skim milk, ice, 10g L-glutamine, 2 tbsp ground flax seeds, 2 scoops GNC Whey ISO Burst) [total 380 cal with 45g protein]
  • Lunch: 1 (122g) multi-grain breaded Talapia fillet (260 cal, 5g fiber, omega-3 and 6), 1.5c Broccoli (60), 1/4c Salsa (30 cal) [Total 350]
  • Dinner: 3 omega-3 eggs (210 cal), 1/4c low fat cheddar cheese (120 cal), 1/2 red pepper (30 cal), 1 tsp ground flax seeds, 1c low fat refried black beans (180 cal), 1/2c salsa (70 cal), 1 sprouted wheat and flax tortilla (150 cal) [total 760 cal]
Daily Total =1910 cal

Current Supplement Load:
  • 2x TotalLean
  • 1x WeightWise Multi-vitamin
  • 2x CLA
  • 1x TotalLean: Control
  • 10g L-Glutamine
I also am very proud to say that even though my legs were killing me from Wednesday MMA I went to the gym after work today and started phase 1 of the Men's health Home Grown Muscle program. It was a pretty good workout, high reps with tri-sets and it took me a little longer than I thought it would (75 minutes) but once I get back into going to the gym on a regular basis I'm sure that time will decrease. There is NO excuse for me to not go to the gym on days I don't go to MMA as it's right downstairs after work!

"Smash up whats left of me."