Wow, huge amount of time between posts. Almost added another corpse to the ol' blogosphere.
So, its winter here now. I wrangled a huge raise at work and a brand new role in a nascent market that will challenge and engage me. Raegan was hired away from the hospital when her doctor opened his private practice, she also got a substantial raise and a pretty nice signing bonus. So things are looking pretty bright on the financial side. On that note, this is my last Christmas at "The Pit of Despair" (recap: I've been selling home theater packages on the evenings and weekends for the better part of two years now.) I just wrangled through a strange scheduling issue that was no doubt some kind of litmus test for loyalty. The Christmas season is worth thousands of dollars to me if I buckle down and work like a mad man one last time.
I'm portly again, this seems to be the natural state of things for a man that works all the time, eats poorly and doesn't get exercise :) I'll have more time in the new year and just like all the other self loathing fatties I'll be at the gym, but at least I'll have the means to pursue the things that make me happy and not have to work a second job.
Speaking of happy:
Raegan and I are heading down to Florida (her choice) for a few days doing the theme park thing in Orlando and then heading down the coast to Miami and finally the Florida Keys for some snorkeling and relaxation on the beach. I would have much rather have gone to Peru or Hawaii but I love my wife and I want to give her the things she never had growing up. Plus a happy wife on your honeymoon can only be a benefit ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment