Thursday, January 24, 2008

Clever and self-deprecating Title

It's late January now, we lived it up on the honeymoon, and despite some bad weather, lost luggage and a few other hiccups we had a great time.

So great in fact that we booked a trip to Vegas with some friends in May. We're feeling more financially stable than ever before. I quit "the pit of despair" and am in the process of completing my move to a different department at work.

Apparently I'll get to travel quite a bit this year, potentially going to San Fransisco, Seattle, Los Angeles and maybe even Germany!

Too much coffee today. I got a huge mug while on vacation and it is messing with my caffeine dosage.

Plans for fitness:

Well as always I need a goal. An end point by which to not only motivate me but to also measure my success.

I need to be sub-200lbs by May 10, 2008. I don't want to be another fatty walking around Vegas.

Consistency of execution in my efforts seems to be the biggest problem. I know what must be done and how to do it but I allow myself to be distracted from these goals over time.

I lost almost 35lbs for my wedding (got down to 202lbs!) However, literally the day after the wedding I totally discarded my fitness and healthy eating habits.

Ultimately I have 106 days as of 1/25/2008 to take off just over 30 lbs. Just over 15 weeks. I need to lose 2lbs a week which is not impossible given what I know about weight loss.

I think the re-application of my previous techniques, monitoring calorie intake and ensuring that those calories are quality nourishment and then combining these efforts with consistent 4x/week exercise will provide me with the required results.

I it's time to do it again.

I wonder if it's time to try something like a gastric bypass (or even the gastric banding) option or maybe even liposuction? That has to be a healthier long term option when compared to going up and down in weight by 30lbs every year.

No comments: