Spent the last week being quite sick with the flu and even ended up taking a day off of work to get better. I maintained good eating habits on most days although was a little carb heavy on Tuesday when I went to a friend's birthday at a local Ethiopian restaurant.
It appears that once I recovered from my minor dietary slip (which I paid for with horrific stomach pain), the good eating habits and the week of rest and recovery have paid off in another 2lb weight drop. As of today I am down to 227.2 lbs which is officially lighter than I was in all of 2009. Looking back it seems like at my lightest I was 227.6 on April 3rd. So 0.6 lbs lighter one month sooner even with a week off is pretty good and I feel stronger than I have in years. I think the program does what it advertises.
If it was all about just lowering my BMI I would go on a horrific negative calorie diet and do 2 hours per day of cardio and likely peel off the weight a little more quickly but I wouldn't be as "fit" as I am now. This isn't just about lowering my BMI, it is about being healthy, lean, strong and flexible. It struck me that my workouts aren't powered by self-loathing anymore, I'm not grinding it down, I'm building it up and getting a little better each time. It is self-improvement in the most literal sense!
March 1, 2010 - P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps + Ab RipperX
1 comment:
Hi, my name is Nathan McCabe and I am an Independent Beachbody Coach. I was cruising through some blogs and came across yours. I am really glad to read that you have been experiencing a level of success with the P90X. Before completing a round myself, I was a non-believer in any home workout system. The P90X has me hooked and I have since moved onto the Insanity workout system. The Insanity workout is all cardio based and the workouts are really intense.
Being a Beachbody Coach has opened up new doors for me. It has allowed me to access support groups for my workout, get a 25% discount on all Beachbody products, and also make money at home. If you have a couple of minutes I would like to encourage you to watch a video from Beachbody’s founder and CEO, Carl Daikeler. If you don’t have time right now, you should at least sign-up for a free Beachbody account. Take some time, play around in the Beachbody site, and get back with me about what you think about the coaching option. Either way I would like to hear from you.
I look forward to hearing from you and good luck with your P90X experience. There is nothing else like it.
My Beachbody Website:
http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/mccabe21
Carl Daikeler Video:
http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/mccabe21?bctid=41582716001
Sign-Up For a FREE Beachbody account:
https://teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=29889
Nathan McCabe
Independent Beachbody Coach
RippedBody.org
224-627-6194
Post a Comment