Tuesday, May 18, 2010

P90X Round 2 - Day 2 - POW!

Well I'm back to it after a great three weeks off! Vegas was everything I wanted it to be and I was surprisingly restrained after having bought hundreds of dollars of new clothes to go out in! It was exactly what I needed to cap off four months of hard work both at the office and on the fitness program. I even went to the Caesar's Palace pool with my wife and friends, showing off my new lean-ish figure and getting a pretty killer sunburn on my unadorned head. After playing too much poker and seeing some great shows it was time to come back. All good things...

As of the 17th I'm back on P90X Classic, and after 3 weeks off I was feeling my first day of Chest and Back pretty severely last night. I matched my first round numbers pretty well with maybe a 10% decline at most on pushups. The biggest change I noticed is that I am able to do a few varieties of pullups almost entirely unassisted by the chair, with only the tip of one foot stabilizing me. It's a damn good feeling but incredibly unexpected.

My next big milestone for the summer is our family's July long weekend trip to the lake cabin, over the years there have been a large number of friends added to the mix and now it has evolved into a multi-day party for all involved. I want to look good at the beach, but mostly I want to continue to *feel* as good as I do now. Not just from a self worth and confidence perspective (which is important) but also my overall health.

Speaking of health; I did my life insurance medical tests just prior to leaving for Vegas and despite some thinly veiled trickiness from the insurance company I think it went pretty well. My resting heart rate and blood pressure were totally normal and I had dropped almost 25lbs since the last medical. Over the next year I see myself getting down to about 185lbs and maintaining it through P90X and good eating habits. Obviously I will be attempting to get as shredded as possible over the summer to ensure I get full yield out of my hard work. That said, with Xmas plans pointing towards a tropical all-inclusive destination with some friends I will need to bring it for the remainder of the year.

I can't say I wasn't dragging my feet coming back to the X yesterday but it's part of my lifestyle now and while I don't always look forward to it, I'm always glad I took the time to get it done!


Monday May 17, 2010 - P90X Chest and Back (1st round only)

No comments: